These were two of the lovely ladies that sold their souls to the devil too! Heehee...just kidding! Danielle (above) lives in Vancouver, WA and April (below) lives in Anchorage. We are all now family readiness volunteers!

It rains A LOT in Portland! We were walking around the city all morning and stopped to have lunch. Of course, it is a monsoon outside when we were ready to go! I was too cheap to get a taxi and Michael had to get back to to hotel for his training, so we ran throught the rain to get to a store to buy an umbrella! Hahaha! The line was full of umbrella buyers! Running through the city with an umbrella in the rain was actually a lot of fun and one of my best memories from this trip! :)
Here is a picture of us all dolled up at the ball! The ball was nice, but super small (especially compared to the previous balls we've been to). Also, there was a very different atmosphere at this recruiter's ball compared to the fleet's ball. People just didn't seem to take this as seriously. Michael and I were both very bothered and disgusted by the actions of some of the Marines. I told Michael that I would be fine with him going back to the fleet now. I don't want him to become a career recruiter and turn into one of the disrespectful people we saw at this ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment