Monday, February 15, 2010

Nice winter walk

Last Thursday, my friend, Amy, and I went on a nice little walk on the Coastal trail. This is the trail we walked a lot during the summertime and for the Planet Walk in December. Since we haven't had a tremendous amount of snow this year and the snow that we do have on the walkways is pretty compacted, it's not that bad for a winter stroll! We went after 430 PM, so the sun was slowly going down. The above photo was taken about 530 when the sun was hitting downtown Anchorage.
Me and Mt. Susitna! I can tell that I have not done much walking this winter because during that small little walk, I got freaking shin splints. My snow boots are also not meant to be "walking" shoes because the bottom of my feet were on fire after this walk. Geesh!

Me and Denali (the mountain on the right)!!!


Downtown before the sun shone down on it! The mountains behind the city are the Chugach Mountains.


Talkeetna Mountain Range

Mt. Susitna, or the Sleeping Lady

Denali (Mt. McKinley) on the right and I can't remember what the mountain on the left is. Denali is a 4-5 hour drive from here if that gives you any perspective on how large it really is!




No comments:

Post a Comment