Monday, February 15, 2010

Fairbanks

Michael has to visit one of his Marine recruiters up in Fairbanks once a month and since I am currently available all of the time, I went with him to Fairbanks last week. Michael has been up to Fairbanks a few times, but this was my first time going. It was a very long drive from our house, but very pretty. I had all sorts of plans to go sightseeing while he was working, but unfortunately, he needed to use our vehicle for work stuff. This meant I was stuck in the military base hotel the whole time. Boo to that, but it was still nice seeing the city and going out at night!


This was some of the view we saw coming back to Anchorage. It was absolutely amazing and this picture really doesn't do this view any justice whatsoever. Fairbanks is the second largest city in Alaska...which really doesn't say much! haha! However, everyone was telling me how small Fairbanks was, but I was actually surprised about how large and spread out the city really was. Next time I go up with Michael, I will make sure that I will have the vehicle so I can do some exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment