
One of the several girl hikes I have gone on. This is at Alpenglow/Arctic Valley. We had a lot of forest fires up here in Alaska at this time, so it was actually pretty smokey. This view was still incredible!
A pretty meadow on the Alpenglow hike.There is a very well-known skiing mountain/resort up here called Aleyska. Aleyska is the Native Alaskan word for "Alaska". I've never skiied at this resort...maybe because I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to downhill skiing! However, during the summer, you can hike Aleyska. This was pretty cool, but as you can imagine, it must be a pain to climb up if it's built to ski down! I went hiking with my online girl hiking group. We made it to the top and were rewarded with a award winning view of the seven glaciers in the area, great drinks, and an awesome feeling of accomplishment! I sure do hate climbing mountains, but I do like the feeling you get afterwards! :)

Me half way up Alyeska.

Pretty waterfall on the trail.

The girls that I hiked with on Alyeska and the glaciers in background.

Our beautiful Raspberry Chocolate Mojitos up at the bar on top of the mountain! This was the best motivation to get to the top of a mountain!
We were able to ride the tram down the mountain! This was awesome because a lot of times, going down the mountain hurts much worse than going up!! Damn getting old!
FYI - Alaska State Flower is the Forget-me-not!!! Fireweed are just our super reliable weather forecaster of when the summer season is over. (they beat the paid ones on tv any day!)
ReplyDelete~Andie, aka - Alaskan Tour Guide & Random Fact Knower