Michael technically became a SSgt (E-6) on April 1, 2009!! However, in the Marine Corps, an officer has to do the swearing in ceremony. Turns out that there is only 1 officer in the entire state of Alaska and he has been out of town! So, yesterday, April 13th, 2009 Michael was finally able to swear in and now he can wear his "rocker"! I was the one that got to pin Michael! :) I didn't hurt him too badly!
Michael saying the oath.Turns out that there are a handful of Marines in Alaska. There a few Marine recruiters, and then there are active duty Marines stationed at the Marine Corps Reserve Unit located between Elmendorf AFB and Ft Richardson Army Base. All the Marines in these photos, except Michael, are the Marines that are stationed at the Reserve Unit.
Michael is now a SSgt! Congratulations Michael! I'm so proud of him! :)
OMG! I didn't know you moved to Alaska! That's AWESOME! I'm so jealous! Glad to see you're doing well!
ReplyDelete