Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A real blizzard!

So since Monday, the little town Michael and I actually live in has received 18.3 inches of snow and we're expecting a little more through the night! Good grief! Michael shoveled our driveway last night and when we woke up, we probably had about 8 inches already! When I left to go into town this morning, I completely got the Prius stuck...in our driveway!! I had to shovel the snow away from my tires and then put the car into reverse and then drive multiple times to get out of that mess! Crazy! The roads into and out of Anchorage and Wasilla were all HORRIBLE today! To me, this kind of mess called for businesses to be closed. However, we do live in a snowy place that is used to this, so everything remined open! When there's one snowflake in NC, the whole town shuts down. This was really weird to see how "northern" states do it! hahaha!




The first picture is a photo of the giant snowflakes that have been falling (I was using our house as a backdrop so you could see the snowflakes)! It's so beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment