Thursday, September 9, 2010

Alex and Julia-Anchorage Area

Michael's brother, Alex, and Al's girlfriend, Julia, came up to visit us this past weekend! We did lots of stuff around Anchorage the first two days they were in town. (Please excuse the lack of photos from Al's trip...I am still waiting on Al and Julia's photos).

While we waited for Michael to get off of work, Alex, Julia, and I went to Eklutna Lake. Luckily, their first day was gorgeous and sunny! Once Michael joined us, we hiked to Thunderbird Falls!

Michael had never been to the falls either, so it was a nice treat for Michael to be able to go, too!

After the Falls, we headed to the Eagle River Nature Center.

There were some salmon spawning. We also heard there was a bear in the area, but we were too slow and didn't get to see it! The boys were pretty disappointed, but I was glad we didn't run into a hungry bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment