Saturday, August 14, 2010

Eagle River Nature Center

The Eagle River Nature Center is not that far from our house and is a great start-off point for some pretty nice hikes/walks. Even though there are many bears in that area, I have felt relatively safe walking alone with the dogs.

Last year when Michael and I visited the nature center, it was just me and Michael in the tree, but this year, it was me and Joey!


Notice the dogs are wearing bear bells, or "dinner bells", to let the bears know we are in the area.



This is Devil's Club, which you want to completely avoid! If the little hairs on this plant come in contact with your skin, you can develop a rash! This plant reminds me of the plant, Queen's Ann Lace back in Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. I touched cows Parsnip this summer.... you do want to stay away from it. A rash is putting it lightly. OUCH
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete