Over Memorial Day weekend, my parents, Michael, Joey, and me met some of our Anchorage friends in Valdez. Michael and I had explored Valdez over Labor Day weekend last year, but we were ready to see this place in the spring/summer.

We were getting ready to head into Thompson's Pass in the photo above. It was crazy that it was the end of May and this place was almost completely covered in snow!
Theses are the waterfalls we could see from our campsite. The waterfalls were much more intense in the spring versus the fall. This is due to snow and ice still melting from the mountain tops during the spring.

There's really not much to do in the town of Valdez, itself, but the town does have an amazing backdrop! You can see this view from pretty much anywhere in town!

I had just had Joey and major surgery three weeks earlier than this trip, so we went with a camper versus tent camping. We were able to rent this pop-up from base for a really cheap!

The weather was incredible over Memorial Day! We were so lucky to have made this trip with such incredible weather. Freedom and I decided to make the best of the sun!

Alaska has a lot of little roadhouses. If you ever come to visit, I would highly recommend checking one out! This is the Copper Center Roadhouse. This restaurant serves the BEST cheeseburgers...EVER! I would drive all the way back to this roadhouse (4 hours) just to eat one of those burgers again!
No comments:
Post a Comment