I have gone hiking a couple of days a week with some of the online groups I have joined. This was the McHugh Creek Trail. Kris, one of my new friends, and I ended up leaving the group and going ahead. We thought the group was only going about a mile and turning around, so we went a mile and a half and then turned around so we could meet back up with them. When we met back up with them, they asked why we were quitting so early?!?!!? Weird!
Kris and I on one of the overlooks!
Oh yeah, baby!!Oh, and before we started this hike, they group proceeded to tell me about the to people that were mauled by bears on this trail last year! WTF?!?!?!! Once Kris and I broke from the group, I was SUPER nervous about meeting one of these bears! We didn't even have bells on! Kris didn't seemed worried and we talked the whole time (imagine that)! I was actually a little relieved when we headed back. As soon as this hike was over, I bought some bells for all of my "family" (dogs, michael, and me!)!!

No comments:
Post a Comment