
Last weekend, Michael had three days off of work (gasp!) because he had enlisted three people during the month of February! We were going to go out of town, but I had to work on Saturday! Go figure! So we just stayed around Anchorage and did some more exploring in our new home. We decided to drive south and check out some of the little towns. This is a view from the highway that goes south! It just keeps getting more and more beautiful!

These are two views at Portage Glacier. I'm pretty sure we didn't actually see the glacier itself but these were still some pretty sights!
Michael was experimenting with the camera features...
Our little car holding its own up here in the last frontier! Also, notice I'm in the car because it is cold outside!
We went to the Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center. They had moose, grizzlies, musk oz, etc. Here is a closeup of a moose's nose!
A Grizzly eating part of a bison leg...

A herd of musk ox
A musk ox up close and personal

Is this my good side?
He's eating potatoes!! Hahahaha! For some reason, I thought this was hilarious!
I heart moose! :)
Hey Guys~
ReplyDeleteI've been keeping up on your blog and love the stories and wonderful photoes. I finally figured out how to leave you comments.lol
It seems so peaceful there even with the snow & cold weather. I wish I could book my trip now. Hope to visit before fall.
Love & miss you both,
Aunt Dolly